Forum de discussions autour de Black Sabbath

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

MINISTRY

+3
Sykes-Schenker
Gib's
Phil
7 participants
AuteurMessage
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 21 Oct 2007, 18:37

Ministry qui a engendré d' excellents albums comme Psalm 69 , Filthy Pig ou Sphinctour vient de perdre son bassiste Paul Raven , aujourd' hui même .

Ministry Bassist Paul Raven Dies of Heart Attack in Geneva

October 20, 2007 FRANCE - Ministry's bassist Paul Raven was found dead today in a private home in a small French village on the Swiss border. Initial reports indicate Raven's passing was due to a heart attack. Raven (known also for his work with Killing Joke, Prong) was in Geneva working with French recording artists Treponem Pal on their new release, with Marco Neves, Ted Parsons (Prong) and members of The Young Gods.

Born in Wolverhampton UK on January 16, 1961, Paul Vincent Raven established himself with his work in the seminal post-punk/industrial group Killing Joke when, in 1982 he replaced the original bassist for the band, recording and touring with the group throughout its most commercially successful period, performing on Fire Dances, Night Time and Brighter than a Thousand Suns. Throughout his extensive career, Raven participated in other collaborations including Prong, Murder, Inc., Pigface, Godflesh.

Most recently, Raven was nominated for a 2006 Grammy for Best Metal Performance for his work with Ministry's Al Jourgensen, with whom he had begun working with in late 2005 on the 13 th Planet release Rio Grande Blood. After a 2006 World Tour with Ministry, Raven helped Jourgensen and Prong's Tommy Victor pen the September 18, 2006 Ministry release The Last Sucker , Ministry's final studio release.

States Jourgensen: "I am in total shock. The world of music is a sadder, emptier place. Not only was Raven an extraordinary talent, but one of my closest dearest friends. Our condolences and prayers go to his immediate family. He will be truly missed by artists, musicians and his fans the world over.

The one consolation is knowing Raven's already hooked up with the right people and started a new project in the After Life. God's speed, Raven. Rest In Peace, you fucking pirate."

Raven's newest project, Mob Research, featuring members of Warrior Soul and The Mission UK, and schedule for release on 13th Planet Records in 2008, was in the final mixing and mastering phases at the time of Raven's sudden and unexpected passing.

A memorial dedicated to the Life and Art of Paul Raven can be found at www.thirteenthplanet.com

QUOTES:

Al Jourgensen

"I am in total shock. The world of music is a sadder, emptier place. Not only was Raven an extraordinary talent, but one of my closest dearest friends. Our condolences and prayers go to his immediate family. He will be truly missed by artists, musicians and his fans the world over.

The one consolation is knowing Raven's already hooked up with the right people and started a new project in the After Life. God's speed, Raven. Rest In Peace, you fucking pirate."

Tommy Victor

Paul Raven was a grand-master of our cult, high up in the inner sanctum sanctorum. His status can never be forgotten, nor his presence replaced. One of our heroes. An unbelievable loss, but we are always going to laugh and smile in remembrance…. exactly how he wanted it.

Sin Quirin

"I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes cos you're not physically with us anymore. I cant believe you're not here and it hurts a lot man.. But at the same time I cant help but smile at all the good times we had together. Those are the memories I'll always carry with me and I know you'll be smiling down on me as well. Not only were you a badass musician, you were one of my great, genuine friends, I'm gonna miss you Raven, but you'll never be forgotten and you'll always be with us."

Burton C. Bell

"I will miss my friend dearly, and I will think of him fondly through out my days until we meet on the other side."

Jaz Coleman/Geordie Walker (Killing Joke)

''We are all deeply stricken with grief at the unannounced departure of possibly the funniest man on planet Earth and a brother to us all. Paul Vincent Raven unimaginable sadness is felt by all''

Dan Raven (Paul Raven's Brother)

''We are in deep shock and we miss him a great deal. We love him''
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://black-sabbath.1fr1.net
Gib's
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Gib's

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 21 Oct 2007, 19:01

Waow, je suis sous le choc.....
Paul Raven etait un membre historique de Killing Joke également...

P*****, encore un.
L'hécatombe continue... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Sykes-Schenker
Heaven And Hell
Sykes-Schenker

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 21 Oct 2007, 19:09

RIP!!
http://onlygoodmusicishere.blogspot.fr
Ronnie
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Ronnie

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeLun 22 Oct 2007, 19:54

Triste nouvelle
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeMer 08 Avr 2009, 12:22

Ministry vient de publier un album live intitulé Adios Puta Madre qui capte la tournée d'adieu du groupe .
Killsark
Iron Man
Killsark

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeMer 08 Avr 2009, 12:41

Merci Phil, ça doit envoyer la purée :OHYEAH!:
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeMer 08 Avr 2009, 12:42

Oh que oui !!!!!!!!
The Fab
Sweet Leaf
The Fab

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeMer 08 Avr 2009, 19:15

Alors que je n'écoute pas de Metal Indus, j'étais allé voir le groupe pour sa dernière tournée à Toulouse. Musicalement, j'avais plus ou moins apprécié. Par contre, le concert a mal fini grâce à quelques incontrôlables bourrés d'une énergie suspecte. Rock'n'Roll d'une certaine façon.
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 19 Avr 2009, 16:00

Pour une sortie en fanfare , c'est une sortie en fanfare grâce à ce live Adios ... Puta Madres qui vient de sortir . Axé principalement sur des titres des 3 derniers albums , House Of The Mole (2004) , Rio Grande Blood (2006) et The Last Sucker (2007) , ce live "envoie la purée" (comme le dit si bien Killsark) . Le son est brut de pomme , sans fioritures et je pense que malgré l'absence de hits tels que Just One Fix , les fans sero,t comblés .
Ronnie
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Ronnie

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 19 Avr 2009, 21:42

Phil a écrit:
Axé principalement sur des titres des 3 derniers albums , House Of The Mole (2004) , Rio Grande Blood (2006) et The Last Sucker (2007)
Il ne fait ainsi pas doublon avec le précédent live du groupe (dont je ne me rappelle plus le titre)
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeDim 19 Avr 2009, 21:43

Sphinctour
Acidmule
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Acidmule

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeLun 20 Avr 2009, 06:52

Phil a écrit:
Sphinctour
J'espere qu'il sera plus compacte que celui là,avec un meilleur son aussi.
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeLun 20 Avr 2009, 07:41

Adios...Puta Madres a un son d'enfer . :bien!:
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeMar 18 Juin 2013, 21:15

Sortie récente d'un nouvel album intitulé From Beer To Eternity. Le groupe sortira également un CD/DVD live enregistré au prochain Wacken.

MINISTRY ANNOUNCES From Beer To Eternity
MINISTRY TO RELEASE 13TH STUDIO ALBUM,
"FROM BEER TO ETERNITY," ON 9/6/13
Al Jourgensen Biography, Ministry Live DVD Also Coming This Summer

LOS ANGELES, CA - June 18, 2016 -- Al Jourgensen, six-time Grammy nominated godfather of industrial metal, will release his band Ministry's 13th studio album, From Beer To Eternity, on September 6 (13th Planet Records). Pre-order info will be posted soon on Ministry's Facebook. As fans of the band know, after last year there wasn't going to be another Ministry album, but as Jourgensen put it recently, "I had no choice."

Sessions for what would become From Beer to Eternity began last December at Jourgensen's 13th Planet compound in El Paso, TX with Jourgensen (who produced the album, composed the music and wrote the lyrics for all 11 songs), guitarists Mike Scaccia and Sin Quirin, drummer Aaron Rossi and bassist Tony Campos. Rough tracks for 18 songs were finished on December 19, and three days later, the 47-year old Scaccia died from a heart attack he suffered onstage while playing a live show with his band Rigor Mortis in Dallas, TX. Jourgensen, Quirin, Rossi and Campos were absolutely devastated.

"We have never, in the history of Ministry, ever had a tracking session like that before," states Jourgensen, "everything went so smoothly, it was surreal. And Mikey was so on fire and inspired, and really a driving force for this record." After returning from Scaccia's funeral in Dallas, and shouldering the weight of grief as well as the desire to honor his fallen comrade, Jourgensen locked himself in his studio with his engineer and co-producer Sammy D'Ambruoso for three excruciating months. “There was no choice,” Jourgensen says of the bittersweet production process. “During the tracking sessions, Mikey was smiling and going, ‘You know what, Al? This is by far and away the best Ministry album we’ve ever done together. This is awesome.’ I'm super proud of From Beer to Eternity because it's my tribute to Mikey's incredible talent, and I feel it honors him and all of the years we spent together making music.”

From the schizophrenic opening cut, the sarcasm-dripping, sound effect-laden “Hail to his Majesty (Peasants)” to the thrash-punk riffs and booming bass reverberations of “Punch in the Face,” to "Change of Luck," a song that Jourgensen wrote directly about Scaccia's death, From Beer to Eternity pulls no punches, sounding at once familiar, yet completely fresh and inspired. The release also includes "Side F/X Include Mikey's Middle Finger / TV4," which old school Ministry fans will recognize as a continuum in a series of TV songs that began in the mid-1990s, and underscores Scaccia's birthright as one of the greatest metal guitarists in the world.

“PermaWar,” the first single from From Beer to Eternity, will drop digitally via iTunes in late July as a three-track maxi single. Additionally, 13th Planet Records will be releasing special products for From Beer to Eternity, including a Special Limited Edition Digipak with 13 tracks, a special FanBox edition, as well as vinyl and limited edition 12" inch picture discs.

Ministry will support From Beer to Eternity with a cavalcade of music videos, off-the-wall "making of..." digital clips, and an on-going "dog-blog" commentary by Jourgensen's two Labradors, Lemmy and Ozzy, who were present every step of the way during the recording and mixing of From Beer to Eternity, and have launched their own Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Ozzyandlemmyjourgensen ) to tell the tail. Uh, tale.

But wait, there's more. In addition to From Beer to Eternity coming in September, July 9 will see the release of Jourgensen's authorized biography, "Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen," penned by Jourgensen with Jon Wiederhorn on DaCapo Books. "Ministry" is a memoir both ugly and captivating, revealing Jourgensen as a man who lived a hard life his own way without making compromises." Then, the two-disc DVD "Ministry: Enjoy the Quiet - Live at Wacken 2012," debuts at already sold-out Wacken Open Air 2013 festival in Germany August 1-3. Shot live in concert at one of Ministry's final shows of the band's 2012 tour at Wacken's Open Air in front of 75,000 fans, the DVD features "New World Order," "99 Percenters," "Ghouldiggers," "Psalm 69," "Thieves," "Just One Fix," and "Khyber Pass."

En gros, un DVD / CD live enregistré au Wacken, une biographie et un nouvel album de prévus...

Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeSam 23 Fév 2019, 18:58

MINISTRY Minist10
Killsark
Iron Man
Killsark

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeLun 25 Fév 2019, 09:54

cheers
Phil
Admin
Phil

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitimeVen 16 Juil 2021, 08:42

Nouvel album intitulé Moral Hygiene à paraître en octobre :

Industrial legends Ministry return with a new album in October! We have now also a small amount of the very limited edition "flesh pink" (what else?!) vinyl available, so act fast and forget your moral and intimate hygiene while placing your pre-order. Remember also that due to the new VAT regulations within EU area, the prices are VAT free for non-EU customers. Like we say in Finland: it's like putting money in the bank!
https://www.recordshopx.com/.../ministry/moral_hygiene/...

MINISTRY 21738910
Contenu sponsorisé

MINISTRY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MINISTRY   MINISTRY Icon_minitime

MINISTRY
Page 1 sur 1