Forum de discussions autour de Black Sabbath

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

DREAM THEATER

+15
Partagas
Kisslolo
Hephaïstos
Bonzo
Merry Prankster
Gedral
Iron 31
Sykes-Schenker
Alexis
Chris
Ronnie
Truc
Grinder Man
Florian
Phil
19 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Alexis
Sweet Leaf
Alexis

DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 23 Juin 2009, 19:36

Bon j'ai l'air con, j'ai pris la version 3 cds sans faire gaffe, mais le prix ne m'a pas mis la puce à l'oreille!

Sinon = TUE-RIE
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 23 Juin 2009, 21:27

Leur prestation au Helfest m'a beaucoup plu :bien!:
Phil
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 17:00

Mike Portnoy quitte Dream Theater :

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER have released the following statement regarding the departure of the band's drummer, Mike Portnoy:

"To all of our loyal fans and friends: It is with profound sadness — regret — we announce that Mike Portnoy, our lifelong drummer and friend, has decided to leave DREAM THEATER.

"Mike's stature in the band has meant the world to all of us professionally, musically, and personally over the years. There is no dispute: Mike has been a major force within this band.

"While it is true that Mike is choosing to pursue other ventures and challenges, we can assure you that DREAM THEATER will continue to move forward with the same intensity — and in the same musical tradition — that you have all helped make so successful, and which is truly gratifying to us.

sur le site de mike portnoy : This is a sad, sad day....I'm afraid I have some bad news.... MP/DT Sept 1985 - Sept 2010

"I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write.

"After 25 years, I have decided to leave DREAM THEATER... the band I founded, led and truly loved for a quarter of a century.

"To many people this will come as a complete shock, and will also likely be misunderstood by some, but please believe me that it is not a hasty decision...it is something I have struggled with for the last year or so....

"After having had such amazing experiences playing with HAIL!, TRANSATLANTIC and AVENGED SEVENFOLD this past year, I have sadly come to the conclusion that I have recently had more fun and better personal relations with these other projects than I have for a while now in DREAM THEATER.

"Please don't misinterpret me, I love the DREAM THEATER guys dearly and have a long history, friendship and bond that runs incredibly deep with them... it's just that I think we are in serious need of a little break.

"DREAM THEATER was always my baby...and I nurtured that baby every single day and waking moment of my life since 1985... 24/7, 365... never taking time off from DREAM THEATER's never-ending responsibilites (even when the band was 'off' between cycles)... working overtime and way beyond the call of duty that most sane people ever would do for a band.

"But I've come to the conclusion that the DREAM THEATER machine was starting to burn me out...and I really needed a break from the band in order to save my relationship with the other members and keep my DREAM THEATER spirit hungry and inspired.

"We have been on an endless write/record/tour cycle for almost 20 years now (of which I have overseen EVERY aspect without a break) and while a few months apart from each other here and there over the years has been much needed and helpful, I honestly hoped the band could simply agree with me to taking a bit of a 'hiatus' to recharge our batteries and 'save me from ourselves'...

"Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings and have decided to continue without me rather than take a breather... I even offered to do some occasional work throughout 2011 against my initial wishes, but it was not to be...

"While it truly hurts for me to even think of a DREAM THEATER without Mike Portnoy (hell, my father named the band!!), I do not want to stand in their way...so I have decided to sacrifice myself and simply leave the band so as to not hold them back against their wishes.

"Strangely enough, I just read an interview that I recently did that asked me about the future of DREAM THEATER and I talked about 'always following your heart and being true to yourself'... Sadly, I must say that at this particular moment, my heart is not with DREAM THEATER...and I would simply be 'going through the motions,' and would honestly NOT be true to myself if I stayed for the sake of obligation without taking the break I felt I needed.

"I wish the guys the best and hope the music and legacy we created together is enjoyed by fans for decades to come... I am proud of every album we made, every song we wrote and every show we played....

"I'm sorry to all the disappointed DREAM THEATER fans around the world... I really tried to salvage the situation and make it work... I honestly just wanted a break (not a split)... but happiness cannot be forced, it needs to come from within.

"You DREAM THEATER fans are the greatest fans in the world and as you all know, I have always busted my ass for you guys and I hope that you will stay with me on my future musical journey, wherever it may lead me.... (and as you all know my work ethic, there will surely be no shortage of future Mike Portnoy projects!)"

https://black-sabbath.1fr1.net
Iron 31
Iron Man
Iron 31

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 17:05

Coup dur pour DT, c'est quand même une pointure le Portnoy !!!!!!!!!!!
Sykes-Schenker
Heaven And Hell
Sykes-Schenker

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 18:22

Phil a écrit:
Mike Portnoy quitte Dream Theater :

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER have released the following statement regarding the departure of the band's drummer, Mike Portnoy:

"To all of our loyal fans and friends: It is with profound sadness — regret — we announce that Mike Portnoy, our lifelong drummer and friend, has decided to leave DREAM THEATER.

"Mike's stature in the band has meant the world to all of us professionally, musically, and personally over the years. There is no dispute: Mike has been a major force within this band.

"While it is true that Mike is choosing to pursue other ventures and challenges, we can assure you that DREAM THEATER will continue to move forward with the same intensity — and in the same musical tradition — that you have all helped make so successful, and which is truly gratifying to us.

sur le site de mike portnoy : This is a sad, sad day....I'm afraid I have some bad news.... MP/DT Sept 1985 - Sept 2010

"I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write.

"After 25 years, I have decided to leave DREAM THEATER... the band I founded, led and truly loved for a quarter of a century.

"To many people this will come as a complete shock, and will also likely be misunderstood by some, but please believe me that it is not a hasty decision...it is something I have struggled with for the last year or so....

"After having had such amazing experiences playing with HAIL!, TRANSATLANTIC and AVENGED SEVENFOLD this past year, I have sadly come to the conclusion that I have recently had more fun and better personal relations with these other projects than I have for a while now in DREAM THEATER.

"Please don't misinterpret me, I love the DREAM THEATER guys dearly and have a long history, friendship and bond that runs incredibly deep with them... it's just that I think we are in serious need of a little break.

"DREAM THEATER was always my baby...and I nurtured that baby every single day and waking moment of my life since 1985... 24/7, 365... never taking time off from DREAM THEATER's never-ending responsibilites (even when the band was 'off' between cycles)... working overtime and way beyond the call of duty that most sane people ever would do for a band.

"But I've come to the conclusion that the DREAM THEATER machine was starting to burn me out...and I really needed a break from the band in order to save my relationship with the other members and keep my DREAM THEATER spirit hungry and inspired.

"We have been on an endless write/record/tour cycle for almost 20 years now (of which I have overseen EVERY aspect without a break) and while a few months apart from each other here and there over the years has been much needed and helpful, I honestly hoped the band could simply agree with me to taking a bit of a 'hiatus' to recharge our batteries and 'save me from ourselves'...

"Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings and have decided to continue without me rather than take a breather... I even offered to do some occasional work throughout 2011 against my initial wishes, but it was not to be...

"While it truly hurts for me to even think of a DREAM THEATER without Mike Portnoy (hell, my father named the band!!), I do not want to stand in their way...so I have decided to sacrifice myself and simply leave the band so as to not hold them back against their wishes.

"Strangely enough, I just read an interview that I recently did that asked me about the future of DREAM THEATER and I talked about 'always following your heart and being true to yourself'... Sadly, I must say that at this particular moment, my heart is not with DREAM THEATER...and I would simply be 'going through the motions,' and would honestly NOT be true to myself if I stayed for the sake of obligation without taking the break I felt I needed.

"I wish the guys the best and hope the music and legacy we created together is enjoyed by fans for decades to come... I am proud of every album we made, every song we wrote and every show we played....

"I'm sorry to all the disappointed DREAM THEATER fans around the world... I really tried to salvage the situation and make it work... I honestly just wanted a break (not a split)... but happiness cannot be forced, it needs to come from within.

"You DREAM THEATER fans are the greatest fans in the world and as you all know, I have always busted my ass for you guys and I hope that you will stay with me on my future musical journey, wherever it may lead me.... (and as you all know my work ethic, there will surely be no shortage of future Mike Portnoy projects!)"

pale pale pale pale pale
http://onlygoodmusicishere.blogspot.fr
Phil
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 18:30

De toute façon , il n'y a pas 36 solutions c'est soit retrouver un batteur du niveau de Portnoy soit splitter.
Sykes-Schenker
Heaven And Hell
Sykes-Schenker

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 18:55

non ily en a une troisième!
trouver un poulpe ou une bonne boite à rythme
Iron 31
Iron Man
Iron 31

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 19:15

Phil a écrit:
De toute façon , il n'y a pas 36 solutions c'est soit retrouver un batteur du niveau de Portnoy soit splitter.

Trouver un drummer du niveau de Portnoy scratch , splitter .............si le reste du groupe a envie de jouer, bah ils vont dégotter un petit d'jeuns inconnu mais qui assure grave........... Mad

Ça ferait chier qu'ils arrêtent maintenant................. Evil or Very Mad
Truc
Children Of The Grave

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 09 Sep 2010, 19:20

Dans moins de 5 ans il réintègre...

Si Trewavas arrive à avoir un peu plus de temps libre avec Marillion, j'aurais peut-être la chance de voir enfin Transatlantic en live?
Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 16:57

Je le redis ici, trouver un batteur avec la technique de Portnoy ne sera pas le plus difficile.

Ce qui sera impossible en revanche, c'est de reconstituer le duo qu'il formait avec Petrucci qui devient donc le leader de DT.
Phil
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 17:16

Il n'y aurait que Neil Peart qui pourrait lui succéder.
Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 17:32

Phil a écrit:
Il n'y aurait que Neil Peart qui pourrait lui succéder.

La très mauvaise idée. Very Happy

Portnoy se tire parce que le groupe ne veut pas faire de pauses et ils engagent le type qui fait trente concerts tous les trois ans. geek

Moi, dans le genre nom prestigieux, je verrais plus un Terry Bozzio.

Sinon, les gars qui ont joué avec LaBrie en solo sont tout sauf mauvais. Il y a entre autres Mike Mangini (gros CV celui-là).

Non, franchement, du strict point de vue technique, ils n'auront qu'à se baisser.
Sykes-Schenker
Heaven And Hell
Sykes-Schenker

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 17:54

et Phil Rudd alors? DREAM THEATER - Page 2 525265
Merry Prankster
Children Of The Grave
Merry Prankster

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 18:13

Et ça n'était pas qu'un batteur de talent.

il était parolier aussi et prenait énormément de responsabilités dans la vie du groupe. Il s'occupait beaucoup de la promo, des visuels, des set lists, les médias, etc...

qui prendra ces responsabilités à présent ?
http://www.rock6070.com
Iron 31
Iron Man
Iron 31

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Sep 2010, 19:48

Gedral a écrit:

Non, franchement, du strict point de vue technique, ils n'auront qu'à se baisser.

J'suis pas batteur, mais un pote batteur depuis 30 ans m'a toujours dit que Portnoy était ce qui se faisait de mieux depuis bien longtemps.......... Gedral pour affirmer ça tu dois certainement t'y connaitre plus que moi, ça c'est facile,mais surtout plus que mon poto qui est un sacré drummer!!!!!!!!!!! Mad
Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 11 Sep 2010, 09:37

Iron 31 a écrit:
Gedral a écrit:

J'suis pas batteur, mais un pote batteur depuis 30 ans m'a toujours dit que Portnoy était ce qui se faisait de mieux depuis bien longtemps.......... Gedral pour affirmer ça tu dois certainement t'y connaitre plus que moi, ça c'est facile,mais surtout plus que mon poto qui est un sacré drummer!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

Portnoy est excellent, attention.
Mais du point de vue de la technique et de la technique seule (d'où l'emploi du mot strict dans ma formulation), il n'est pas le seul.
Un nom me vient à l'esprit, c'est Gavin Harrison, le batteur de Porcupine Tree, que beaucoup voient comme l'héritier direct de Neil Peart. A juste titre, même si c'est forcément réducteur.
A mon avis, il n'aurait aucun problème à jouer les partitions de Portnoy.

Après, il y a tout ce qui fait que Portnoy est Portnoy. Son enthousiasme ou son grain de folie par exemple. Sur ce point, Harrison est plus proche de Peart, très concentré, limite austère.
Bon, et puis il est très bien dans Porcupine Tree.

De par sa personnalité, Portnoy est irremplaçable dans DT, à mon avis.
Mais si on ne regarde que la technique, il existe tellement de groupes pour qui c'est primordial que DT devrait avoir du choix.
Je me demande ce que donnerait le batteur de Tool d'ailleurs.

Tiens, juste pour se faire une idée :

A part ça, je ne suis pas batteur, mais je m'intéresse un peu à toutes ces choses.
Alexis
Sweet Leaf
Alexis

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 11 Sep 2010, 18:09

Suspect confused affraid
Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 12 Sep 2010, 13:50

Il joue mal ? Shocked
Alexis
Sweet Leaf
Alexis

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 12 Sep 2010, 22:43

Gedral a écrit:
Il joue mal ? Shocked
Pardon je n'ai absolument pas cité, mais je m'exprimais sur l'histoire de Portnoy! Shocked
Phil
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 13 Sep 2010, 07:28

Mike Portnoy REJOINDRAIT Avenged Sevenfold :

Exclusive: Will Portnoy Join Avenged Sevenfold?
mdome / News, Top Posts / 10/09/2010 12:16pm
Avenged Sevenfold have no idea of whether, as has been widely speculated, Mike Portnoy will consider joining them as a permanent member following the drummer’s unexpected exit from Dream Theater.

Words: Dave Ling

Portnoy stepped into the breach to play on Nightmare, the Huntingdon Beach [California]-based group’s just released fifth album, after the death of their own drummer James ‘The Rev’ Sullivan last December. He’s pledged to tour with them for as much of the record’s live promotion as his schedule will allow. Only now he has more time on his hands than anyone suspected.

As the rock world tried to absorb the shock news of Portnoy’s decision to quit Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold bassist Johnny Christ [real name Jonathan Lewis Seward] exclusively told Classic Rock: “It’s been a crazy day for us. Mike made his announcement last night [September 8], and we’re as astounded as everyone else. We only found out ourselves via a conference call. As huge fans of Dream Theater it’s hard to imagine them without Mike Portnoy, but it was a decision that he had to make for himself at this point in his life. It didn’t have anything to do with us.”

Indeed, Portnoy has already issued a Facebook plea stating: “I BEG of the fans to please NOT to hold [Avenged Sevenfold] responsible for MY decision. I had been contemplating this and desiring a ‘break’ [not split] from Dream Theater as long ago as last year.”

So the question remains: Having revealed that he was having “More fun and better personal relations” with A7X and the rest of his side-projects than with regular band-mates, is there any possibility that Mike Portnoy could make the position permanent?

“It’s too early to address that type of question,” sighs Christ. “All we know for sure is that Mike will be with us until the end of this year. We’re scheduling some more tour dates and given that he’s left Dream Theater we might be able to hold onto him a little longer. But we’ll have to see how that goes.”

Indeed, given the loss of ‘The Rev’, the band’s own long-term future is equally uncertain. Before the tour began, vocalist M. Shadows stated: “We’re not sure what’s going to happen after this touring cycle. Our goal right now is to just get kids to hear the record, because we want them to remember ‘The Rev’.”

However, with Nightmare having smashed its way straight to the top of America’s Billboard chart, Christ admits the band are beginning to consider a more fan-friendly outcome.

“The album’s success is starting to make us think like that,” confides the bassist, choosing his words carefully, “but we won’t know for sure until the end of this touring cycle. Trying to write again without ‘The Rev’… I just don’t know how that would feel. We’re still taking things one day at a time; the last thing on our minds is replacements.”

In related news, additional dates have been added to the co-headlining UK tour from Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour, which begins in Glasgow on November 26. Two shows will now happen at London’s Hammersmith Apollo, on October 30/31..

Hellyeah!, featuring former Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul, are set to be the trek’s opening act.

Here are all the dates.

Oct. 26: Glasgow SECC

Oct. 27: Manchester Academy

Oct. 28: Birmingham NIA

Oct. 30: London Hammersmith Apollo

Oct. 31: London Hammersmith Apollo

Nov. 2: Newcastle Academy

Nov. 3: Leeds Academy

Nov. 4: Manchester Academy

Nov. 6: Plymouth Pavilion

Nov. 7: Brighton Centre

Meantime, Portnoy has given his first interview since quitting Dream Theater. Talking to Ed Trunk on New York radio station Q104.3FM, he revealed:

“I cannot ever be accused of not having my heart into Dream Theater. I mean, I’ve literally spent 25 years… It’s my baby . . . I mean, I almost felt like I had to sacrifice myself from the situation so I wouldn’t be holding them back and I wouldn’t be doing something against my will.

“The last thing I ever wanted to see was a Dream Theater without Mike Portnoy in it, so I used to always joke with them about that. But now, here when faced with this reality… I mean, sure, the selfish side of me doesn’t wanna think of that band without me, and I kind of wish we would have just taken a break, but I can’t hold them back. They’re my friends and they’re my brothers and if they really wanna continue, then I can’t say no. It’s a weird thing because I would go back to them in a heartbeat, just not now. I just need a break. Maybe a couple of years from now we’ll get back together and we’ll live happily ever after. I don’t know.”

Source : Classic Rock

Bonzo
Children Of The Grave
Bonzo

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Sep 2010, 20:32

Pour avoir eu l'album des Avenged : pas de quoi casser 3 pates à un canard. C mou et pas terrible. Est ce qu'il aurait eu un gros chèque?

Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 18 Sep 2010, 15:49

Non, il aime bien, c'est tout.

Portnoy a des goûts très larges, sans doute plus que ceux de son public de base d'ailleurs (petite pique au passage, ça ne fait pas de mal) et ce groupe doit satisfaire son côté basique.
Pour le reste il a Transatlantic et des milliers d'autres projets.
Truc
Children Of The Grave

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 19 Sep 2010, 09:41

Gedral a écrit:

Portnoy a des goûts très larges, sans doute plus que ceux de son public de base d'ailleurs (petite pique au passage, ça ne fait pas de mal) et ce groupe doit satisfaire son côté basique.

+1. La question est, pour Transatlantic, tous les membres auront-ils de nouveau du temps à consacrer au projet, même si c'est uniquement pour tourner?
Phil
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 19 Sep 2010, 09:54

Truc a écrit:
Gedral a écrit:

+1. La question est, pour Transatlantic, tous les membres auront-ils de nouveau du temps à consacrer au projet, même si c'est uniquement pour tourner?

A moins que Transatlantic devienne plus qu'un simple projet. En effet , Neil Morse fonctionne en solo et l'activité des Flower Kings et de Marillion ne semble pas actuellement débordante. Par exemple , juste comme ça , vous pensez que Pete Trewawas y trouve encore son compte au sein de Marillion ? D'un autre côté , s'il ne l'avait pas trouvé , il aurait quitté le groupe bien avant.
Gedral
Children Of The Grave
Gedral

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 22 Sep 2010, 16:21

Oui, je pense qu'il y trouve son compte, ne serait-ce que parce que Marillion est un groupe protéiforme.
Donc j'imagine qu'il n'est pas obligé de s'y cantonner à un seul style.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: DREAM THEATER   DREAM THEATER - Page 2 Icon_minitime

DREAM THEATER
Page 2 sur 7Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant